Occasionally you may come across a problem with Google Maps not being displayed on the frontend of your site. If this happens - the following list of things to check for should help you to solve the problem:-
- Open up the EZ* configuration area and make sure all settings associated with Google Mapping have been configured. This includes the "List Layouts" tab, "Page Layout" tab, and "Shared Options" tab.
- Make sure that any decimal coordinates are only decimal numbers. Do not include a degree sign after the decimal coordinate.
- Check that you've got some listings created, that the listings have a decimal latitude and decimal longitude defined (if required - eg. EZ Realty property listings and seller profiles require this), and that you've enabled the "display address" setting for the listing.
- Go into the Joomla Plugin Manager - which is accessed via the Joomla admin area "Extensions" -> "Plugin Manager" link. If you've installed and published the Google Analytics plugin - disable it - and then check to see if the map is operating. The Google Analytics plugin is known to break display of the mapping output.
- If you don't have the Google Analytics plugin installed - look for other 3PD plugins that you may have installed - and disable them. Then test to see if the map is being displayed.
- Make sure you're using the latest version of EZ* - as there was a bug with special characters affecting mapping output in the 6.6.0 version of EZ Realty. That bug was fixed in a subsequent version - hence the importance of keeping up-to-date with your installation.
- If you're using a Joomla template built on the JV Framework - go into the Joomla plugins manager and find the JV Framework - Performance Optimizing plugin. Disable it. Next - FTP into the components/com_ezrealty/views/ezrealty/tmpl directory and open up the default_map.php file to check what the code looks like. Is it a single line of code? If so - close the file as you'll need to replace it with a new one from the download package. Open up the EZ Realty download package, and unzip the ezrealty_xxxx_upgrade_install.zip package. Go into the directory, and follow the components/com_ezrealty/views/ezrealty/tmpl directory and that's where you'll find the original default_map.php file. That file has to be uploaded to your live site directory to overwrite the default_map.php file which you checked earlier. Once you've done that - refresh the browser to check that the map is now working. This step will also work for EZ Autos and EZ Portal - except substitute the string ezrealty with ezautos or ezportal.